Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Snowmen For All Seasons Progress

October Snowman
It has been awhile since I posted anything here on this blog. Just thought I'd update my progress on stitching out these embroidery designs. Here is the October snowman.

November SnowmanAs you will recall, these are from the Anita Goodesign line of embroidery designs. They are from the 'Snowmen For All Seasons' collection. This one is the November Snowman.

December SnowmanHere's Mr. December. He was 'lost' among my stuff for the longest time. Funny thing, I knew I had sewn him out, so skipped on ahead to the others. Later, I 'found' him stuck between some sheets of stabilizer I had pre-cut.

January SnowmanThe January Snowman holds his snowshovel while enjoying his visit with this little bird on his hat. If I were to sew this one again, I would make the bird another color, or change the background fabric to something else besides white. I think the bird gets a bit camouflaged being so close in color.

February SnowmanFebruary is filled with hearts and romance for Valentine's Day.

March SnowmanI used a gold metallic thread here. There were a few issues with the metallic. I switched to a different needle a couple times to prevent thread breakage. I ended up doing most of the metallic gold with a larger eyed top stitch needle. There are a lot of layers the thread needs to sew through. Metallic is subject to so much abrasion with the applique layers as well as some areas of multiple thread layers.

April SnowmanI am absolutely in LOVE with this snowman! I think the big wide smile and body language portray such joy at the rainfall depicted in this design. Love the little rubber duckie, too!

May SnowmanMay is all about Mother's Day so here we find Momma with her little ones.

June SnowmanAnd who doesn't enjoy the abundance of summer flowers in June. I went with some pale green in a few areas of this design to represent early plant growth with a paler color of green. I might change that to a slightly different light green if I were to re-do this one. But it's not too bad, so I think I'll go ahead and use this block anyway even though I'm not entirely pleased with the thread colors I chose.

I am still considering how I will put all these embroidery blocks together when all twelve months are stitched out. Three more months to go. I want to use them all together in a large embroidered quilt. It will probably have patchwork sections or strips of fabric between the blocks to fill in the background. The idea hasn't jelled in my mind yet, so I'm not exactly sure which way I'll go with it. The mystery will be unveiled sometime . . . stay tuned for another post about this.

1 comment:

  1. These snowmen are so cute. They'll look good in whatever layout you choose. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.