Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another Type of Embroidered Leaf

I went to the Anita Goodesign Embroidery Event hosted by a local sewing store in Bismarck last fall. This is one of the designs we worked on. Each participant who came got to take home a CD of designs to sew at home. This leaf design was one of those on the CD. One of the things I like about this is the candlewick-type stitches that run diagonally on the design. It would be a good design to embroider through the layers of the quilt to do the actual quilting that holds it all together. They showed it on placemats that were very attractive to look at.

I started this post so long ago when the event took place, but have yet to use this design. I was considering it for another project with leaves. But . . . I need to pace myself. I have so many projects started that need to be finished before I get going on another one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.