Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Stitching Details

The name of this little guy i T.C.I spent the day sewing with a friend on Monday. I worked on some stitching and detail work for a couple of appliques. Here's a photo of T.C. one of the little Dazzling Dogs for a quilt I've been working on. I meant to do more than just plain satin stitching. I didn't add the extra detail on the collar until the very last when I realized I forgot to jazz it up with other decorative stitches. I guess we got to talking too much. I was a bit distracted since my friend's grand-daughter was there visiting. She was sewing with us, too. It made for a lively, albeit disjointed, kind of day with a youngster in on the activities.

T.C. gets some details stitched.Here is a close-up of the block. I finished up another applique project that I'm keeping mum about for now. Then I went on to finish only this one other block. Considering the extra activities and distractions taking place with an active third-grader participating in sewing (and bouncing around), I'd say it was a productive day.

I plan on adding some bling with heat-set crystals on the glasses of these dogs as well as adding buttons to the shirts and collars, plus any other extras I can think of to embellish these blocks for added interest and humor. I like the way it is coming together so far. I'll keep working away on the blocks a bit at a time until they are finished. The dogs are so cute with their funky glasses and quirky outfits.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Doreen, Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog. I couldn't find an email address for you to reply to your comment, so I'm doing it here. I was quite surprised when I saw you were from Bismarck. Small world! Great to meet you, well sort of meet. I have used Spoonflower to print some fabric. It was great!
    Terri
    P.S. I enjoyed looking around your blogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress in your Dazzling Dogs quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.