Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Movin' Along Little Doggies . . . Yeehaw!

I found my pumpkin scented candle from last fall.While I was sewing today I re-discovered my pumpkin scented candle from last fall. Mmmmn! I have it lit right now. Yummy. This is just the thing to get me looking forward to fall . . . and also thinking about other fall things like: Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappucino, Pumpkin pies, and going out to Papa's Pumpkin Patch for a nice fall ride on the motorcycle down by the river. Aaah! such pleasant memories to think about . . . and look forward to as well!

Obviously if I was in my Sewing Studio I must have been sewing, right? Well, yes and no. I was 'prepping to sew' this evening. I got two more of my Dazzling Dogs blocks fused and ready to applique, but I didn't actually do any sewing. I did get as far as booting up my Pfaff Creative Vision and look through some designs I've got stored on my USB memory stick. Then I thought I'd just relax and cut out the pieces for the appliques and not try to keep an embroidery going at the same time. Sometimes that's a way of getting two things done at the same time, but it means I do a little less kicking back to relax and enjoy it as much. Sometimes I even have more than one embroidery machine going at a time when I get the Designer 1 and the Pfaff 7570s going. That means I hardly get a chance to sit down - running from machine to machine changing threads and such to keep them all going at once. Yep, tonight was a mello night.

MajorHere's 'Major' as completed so far. You have to use your imagination quite a bit at this point since none of the detail work is done on these yet. Once the blanket stitching, satin stitching and detail stitches are in place it will look more like a cute little doggie face. Try to imagine button eyes and silly grins on these canines.

Need help visualizing them? Here's a link to Amy Bradley's website to peek at the finished blocks.

Dan the DaneThis one is 'Dan the Dane'. He had some teeny, tiny pieces to cut around the ears and hat. Being so small makes it more of a challenge to cut and get them fused without the pieces moving out of place. The tiny pieces might pose a challenge when it comes to the stitching of these blocks, too. Lots of little pieces to stitch around.

I'm planning on doing all the stitching with my sewing machine. I want to vary the stitches using a variety of the decorative stitches from the machine to embellish it a bit. Five more blocks left to fuse before I start with the stitching.

Mmmmn! that candle smells good. Maybe I'll mix in a little baking time tomorrow along with my plans for sewing.

2 comments:

  1. I love the smells of autumn in the house. Whenever I need a little fall pick-me-up, I put a little apple juice in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and throw in a couple of cloves and orange peels. The scent travels throughout the house. It's especially nice on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This does sound like a good idea. Yummy! Thanks for posting!
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.