Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Quilting Progress

21 paper-pieced football shapes completed so far.I'm continuing my work on the Rattlesnake Quilt. So far I'm a bit more than half way through with sewing the football shaped paper-piecing. I've been giving some thought to how I'll be finishing this quilt. It would be better for me to complete it as a larger quilt than the original calls for. I've got some ideas for adding borders and extra squares to make it larger. It's looking good so far. I can't wait to get it finished.


Testing the layout of the block shapes.One thing I've found that makes it easier when paper piecing is to use an open toe foot on my sewing machine. I can see the printed pattern line for stitching much better with the open toe foot. This is a definite asset. Some of my blocks are not precisely sewn on the lines, but close enough for me.

Here's a photo of a sample layout. Just testing . . . of course I plan on adding some bright colors to form the rest. Then it should 'pop' instead of the dull, flat look here. I really like the blacks and whites. Adding bright colors should look wonderful.

Okay, enough chatter for now, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.