Sunday, December 14, 2008

A New Year Filled With Art

Get ready for a new year of fun. I'm going to start a new project this upcoming year. I will be working on a new mini art quilt each week of the year.

I have started by assembling some materials together. I thought it would be fun to pre-select a few items together and limit myself to those particular items for one month's worth of mini art quilts. My list includes the following:

1. Pre-cut 8 x 8 inch quilt sandwich (this is a purchased pre-quilted fabric square)
2. Assorted threads (limited to reds, white, black and gold metallic)
3. Assorted beads (limited to reds, white, black, gold/yellow, and pearl)
4. Assorted fabric scraps from my scrap bin
5. Assorted scraps of trims, ribbons and laces from my stash

The theme I will be limiting myself to for the first month is "Redwork Re-worked". It will revolve around traditional redwork - Updated

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Please leave a comment below.